- The class will meet twice per week on campus. Each class meeting will be 50 minutes in length. A 50-minute quiz will be given during weeks 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and during finals week.
- New lessons will be posted in the Current Lessons section of the Lessons page during week 1 and after each bi-weekly quiz.
- The lessons should be done in the order they appear in the Current Lessons section of the Lessons page.
- Follow the instructions for each lesson. Plan to spend at least 200 minutes each week working through lessons and at least 400 minutes each week working on homework problems.
- Each bi-weekly quiz will be worth 50 points and will cover the lessons posted in the Current Lessons section of the Lessons page.
- The notes and audio recordings made in each non-quiz class will be posted on the Sessions page.
- Help is available from Dr. Randby in person and online. See the Help page or the Getting Help section of the syllabus for instructions on obtaining help.
- The policies and guidelines of the course appear in the syllabus. Students are required to download, read, and understand this document.
Students are required to download, read, and understand this document.
- Course Name:
- Applied Finite Mathematics
- Course Numbers:
- 2030:216-214 76465
- Course Type:
- Web-based (31%–99% online)
- Time and Days:
- 4:15–5:05 pm, TuTh
- Polsky 406
Scott P. Randby, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Technical Mathematics
Co-Founder and Co-Director of the Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics programs
Department of Applied General and Technical Studies
College of Applied Science and Technology
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-6105