- The course is an online course. Lessons will be studied during eight learning periods and quizzes will be taken during eight quiz periods. Each learning period will be followed by a quiz period. The last quiz period will be during finals week.
- Links to the lessons will be posted in the Current Lessons section on the Lessons page of the course website. Each lesson will contain one or more sections. Each lesson section contains a video, the notes made in the video, homework problems, and homework problem solutions.
- The lessons should be studied in the order they appear in the Current Lessons section of the Lessons page.
- Each quiz will be worth 50 points and will cover the lessons that appear in the Current Lessons section of the Lessons page. Quizzes will be given on Brightspace. You will have 75 minutes to complete a quiz and submit your written work. The first 60 minutes is for taking the quiz, and the final 15 minutes is for making one or more PDF files of your written work, adding the PDF(s) to the quiz responses, and submitting the quiz.
- Help will be available via email. Live online help (individual or group) will be available upon request using web conferencing software. See the Help page of the course website or the Getting Help section of the syllabus for instructions on obtaining help.
- The policies and guidelines of the course appear in the syllabus. Students are required to download, read, study, and understand this document.
Students are required to download, read, study, and understand this document.
Course Name: Technical Calculus II
Course Numbers: 2030 356-520 (31862)
Course Type: Online
Scott P. Randby, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Technical Mathematics
Co-founder of the Cybersecurity program
Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-6105